TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

David Wolff (dwolffxx@panix.com)
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:02:40 UTC

In article <telecom24.279.1@telecom-digest.org>, Fred Atkinson
<fatkinson@mishmash.com> wrote:

> I suspect that some of you are experiencing this or have already
> solved it. So, maybe one of you can tell me where I can find
> something to solve this problem.

> I've accumulated so many devices on my home network (and some devices
> that are not network related as well) that power strips are an issue.
> Most of these devices have the big 'calculator charger' type of power
> supply that plugs directly into the AC outlet.

> I've been looking for some type of power strip that has eight or more
> outlets that are spaced far enough apart that you can plug all of
> these things into them without overlapping each other.

Another solution is short extension cords, probably available from all
electric / electronic supply places. They are heavy-duty, three-prong
cords about a foot long. So the normal-sized three-prong ends fit
nicely in any power strip. They're also pretty cheap.

Thanks,

David

(Remove "xx" to reply.)

Go to Next message: Howard S. Wharton: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
Go to Previous message: John Hines: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Power Strips for Home Networks"