TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 700-555-4141 Does Not Work

Re: 700-555-4141 Does Not Work

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:21:31 GMT

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:41:39 -0400, Ted Klugman wrote:

> Recently, my long distance carrier (TTI National, somehow a subsidary
> of MCI) informed me that they're going to start charging a "monthly
> fee" of $1.99. So I decided it was time to switch.

> My new carrier's website instructs new users to call 700-555-4141 to
> verify when the LD carrier has been changed. I hadn't dialed the
> number in quite a while, so for kicks, I dialed it.

> "We're sorry, your call can not be completed as dialed." This didn't
> happen the last time I tried it (more than a year ago)

> (Yes, I tried it with a "1" in front of the number)

> So, any thoughts on how I can check who my LD carrier is?

That test number was part of the Modified Final Judgment, I
believe. If your local carrier is a BOC, tell them to fix it. I ran
into this years ago with Bell Atlantic Wireless, and had to write them
a letter. They told me to call some guy who fixed it.

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: 700-555-4141 Does Not Work"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: XO Communications"
May be in reply to: Ted Klugman: "700-555-4141 Does Not Work"