TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: DSL Speed

Re: DSL Speed

William Warren (william_warren_nonoise@comcast.net)
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:36:56 -0400

Choreboy wrote:

> A relative has a farm. His phone service comes in on 700 yards of
> ordinary telephone cable buried along his driveway. Last week he got
> Bellsouth DSL. It comes in on the same conductors as before, but I've
> seen speeds fifty times faster than dialup.

> I thought 56K was the fastest speed possible with conventional
> telephone cable. How can DSL be so much faster with the same old
> cable?

How can a Porshe be so much faster than a Volkswagon on the same road?

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Sprint, Verizon Opening Doors to Mobile Content"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be in reply to: Choreboy: "DSL Speed"