TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites

Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites

Charles Cryderman (Charles.Cryderman@globalcrossing.com)
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:00:14 -0400

The one thing I have noticed in this thread is that nobody has
mentioned the fact that the reason could be e-mails with virus or
Trojan Horses. My employer had no issue with employees checking
outside e-mail accounts but has since blocked all outside access due
to these problems. It is hard to believe that someone working for a
communications company can be duped into opening these e-mails which
infect the company's intranet, so what would you expect of a child?
This could simply be nothing more then the schools trying to keep
their network safe, as well as helping to remove a distraction that
the kids don't need.

Chip Cryderman

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That is a very good point! PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Cellular Phone Spam"
Go to Previous message: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"