TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Koppel: Take My Privacy, Please!

Koppel: Take My Privacy, Please!

Monty Solomon (monty@roscom.com)
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:25:16 -0400

By TED KOPPEL

THE Patriot Act - brilliant! Its critics would have preferred a less
stirring title, perhaps something along the lines of the Enhanced
Snooping, Library and Hospital Database Seizure Act. But then who,
even right after 9/11, would have voted for that?

Precisely. He who names it and frames it, claims it. The Patriot Act,
however, may turn out to be among the lesser threats to our individual
and collective privacy.

There is no end to what we will endure, support, pay for and promote
if only it makes our lives easier, promises to save us money, appears
to enhance our security and comes to us in a warm, cuddly and
altogether nonthreatening package.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/13/opinion/13koppel.html?ex=1276315200&en=ca684bc680a0d6c0&ei=5090

Go to Next message: Steven O.: "DSL and Speakerphone Problems!?"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Wi-Fi Liability: Potential Legal Risks in Accessing, Operating"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Koppel: Take My Privacy, Please!"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page