TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Altigen Workgroup Outbound Caller ID

Re: Altigen Workgroup Outbound Caller ID

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:03:46 -0000

In article <telecom24.261.3@telecom-digest.org>, <citius21j@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

> Could someone please help me with this. We are using the ALTIGEN
> SYSTEM We have 2 workgroups set up for two separate businesses we are
> running. I have entered two different transmitted CID numbers for
> them but they dont seem to be displayed when an agent logged into the
> workgroup is making an outbound call. It seems to pull up the
> transmitted CID number for the agent. Please guide me as how to get
> the different business number show up when the agent is making
> outbound call from the workgroup.

It may not be possible in your situation.

Some telcos allow customers to transmit 'anything' as the CID info.

Some telcos allow customers to transmit 'anything that belongs to
them' as the CID info.

Some telcos over-ride whatever the customer transmits with the 'true'
line ID.

If you're in the latter category, you're simply SOL.

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Informing Ourselves to Death"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Bellsouth Caller ID"
May be in reply to: citius21j@yahoo.com: "Altigen Workgroup Outbound Caller ID"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page