TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Pay Phone Regulations

Re: Pay Phone Regulations

Tim@Backhome.org
Thu, 09 Jun 2005 07:35:18 -0700

Robert Pierce wrote:

> [Pat, please remove my e-mail address. thx]

> Good afternoon.

> I have a client who would like to have a pay phone in their break area
> for employee use. The COCOT vendor they were using wasn't making
> enough money, and so they pulled out.

> They're not looking to turn a profit; they just want to give employees
> without cell phones a chance to call home etc. without having to open
> up an outside line to long distance charges, abuse, etc.

> They would like to put a simple pay phone in place -- something like a
> "Model 909."

> o What kind of federal or state (of Florida) regulations would apply
> here? A google didn't help, but perhaps I used the wrong search terms.

> o What kind of drawbacks/pitfalls would they be looking at by going
> this route?

> o Does anyone have a better idea of how to set this up?

> o Does anyone have any experience with programming this type of
> payphone? I was hoping to find the documentation on line, but no luck.

> Thanks,

> Rob Pierce

I see them in a lot of restaurants so they must work. I note their
site suggests you contact the state public utilities/service
commission for the rules that govern the 909 in that state. There are
enough 909s being used they should know. Far better than getting the
wrong info here.

Go to Next message: Lisa Hancock: "Re: Pay Phone Regulations"
Go to Previous message: Justin Time: "Re: Pay Phone Regulations"
May be in reply to: Robert Pierce: "Pay Phone Regulations"