TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

John R. Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
6 Jun 2005 23:10:10 -0400

> Maybe it has to do with the way GSM works. You didn't mention AT&T
> Wireless or Cingular.

Cingular has turned off all SMS on my GSM phone other than their own
(free) network messages. They said it was the only way to prevent
getting postage-due premium SMS spam from sms.ac.

I checked, it's really off, SMS sent either from other phones or from
email vanishes.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: pieterek@spamcop.net: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"
May be in reply to: John Mayson: "Can You Disable Text Messaging?"