TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System

Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:46:49 -0700

Nathan Strom wrote:

> All the Amoco stations near me in CT have re-branded in the past
> couple years to BP.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I try not to think much about Chicago
> in recent years, but I think my brother told me that Amoco stations
> around Chicago are no longer 'Standard Oil Division of Amoco' but now
> are a sort of green color with the BP signs on them. I really do not
> know for sure. PAT]

I was in the northwest suburbs of Chicago for a few days at the end of
'03 and the few former Amoco stations I saw had been rebranded. I'd
heard that they'd retain the Amoco branding, but considering that they
moved their US operations from Cleveland to Chicago when they bought
Amoco**, I'd have been surprised if they *didn't* rebrand the Amoco
stations.

--SJS

**This would be the second time they moved their US headquarters, having
moved from Atlanta to Cleveland when they bought Sohio.

JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System"