TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Mon, 06 Jun 2005 05:51:05 -0700

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:19:24 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
wrote:

> Joseph wrote:

>> messaging to your phone. They cannot and will not remove phone to
>> phone text messaging from your account.

> That's interesting. Both Verizon and Sprint have disabled SMS
> completely when I requested it. Why can't T-Mobile?

Maybe it has to do with the way GSM works. You didn't mention AT&T
Wireless or Cingular. SMS is part of the GSM spec. I don't know if
that's the case with CDMA. The question of disabling SMS (text
messaging) has come up before in other T-Mobile related forums and the
answer has always been no on phone originated SMS but is available to
turn off email SMS.

Go to Next message: John Smith: "Re: Known Spam Sites"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Why There Are Questions About GoDaddy"
May be in reply to: John Mayson: "Can You Disable Text Messaging?"