TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Nokia 3310 (GSM) and Prepaid in the US?

Re: Nokia 3310 (GSM) and Prepaid in the US?

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
4 Jun 2005 00:36:51 -0000

> Hi, I got a Nokia 3310 (GSM) while i was in Italy but will be in the
> US for a few months and don't want to bother getting a new phone or
> locked in monthly phone service. Can the 3310 be used in the US and
> if so what prepaid options are there?

That's a GSM 900/1800 phone. North America is GSM 800/1900 so your
phone won't work at all here.

There's a nice comparison of US prepaid plans at
http://nordicgroup.us/prepaid/. You might want to buy a used TDMA
handset on ebay before you go.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Porting an 800 Number"
Go to Previous message: mc: "Re: SEX.COM Owner Arrested for Child Molestation; Heroin"
May be in reply to: gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com: "Nokia 3310 (GSM) and Prepaid in the US?"