TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines

Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines

AES (siegman@stanford.edu)
Tue, 31 May 2005 08:35:04 -0700

In article <telecom24.240.8@telecom-digest.org>, Paul Coxwell
<paulcoxwell@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> We also came up with the following link to an interesting article
> about frequency converters. This seems to confirm that 25Hz power was
> indeed generated in the Niagara/Buffalo region of New York, as well as
> elsewhere.

On a couple of nonstrop auto trips in 1949-1952 back and forth between
home in Detroit and college in Boston we took the straight-line route
thru Canada, N of Lake Erie, and I believe the power the part of
Canada we went through was 25 cycle at the time -- flickering lights
in late-nite restaurants, etc.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines"
Go to Previous message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Ericsson Looks to Revive Fixed-Line Business"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page