TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?

Re: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?

NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info
26 May 2005 06:30:00 -0700

usenet@outshine.com wrote:

> The call came in "Unknown ID" so all I have is the moment he called,
> his company name, and the very curious fact that he was able to
> associate my private cell phone number with my public web site (the
> domain name and the number are not publicly listed together, so I
> think GoDaddy or Verisign sold my private account info).

I recently got an Email offering a varient of one of my domain names
which I registered thru GoDaddy.

It was sent to an addy that I ONLY use for Godaddy and is only shown on
my registrations thru GoDaddy.

I own many domain names and I only got Email re one domain name.

Someone is obviously trolling WHOIS.

I will give the company a call at the 800 number they provided, from a
payphone.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Either 'someone' is trolling WHOIS or
maybe that someone has a good friend working for GoDaddy, or maybe
both. PAT]

Go to Next message: Joe Morris: "Re: Very Early Modems"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?"
May be in reply to: usenet@outshine.com: "First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?"