TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: VOIP Provider Search

VOIP Provider Search

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Wed, 25 May 2005 10:08:15 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to find a VOIP residential provider that can give me a
local number in a little town called Cullowhee, North Carolina. It
doesn't have to be in the immediate area as long as anyone in
Cullowhee can call it without having to incur a toll charge.

I am pulling my hair out by the roots looking around for a provider.
I can't yet confirm whether Cullowhee is local to Asheville, NC or
not. A number in the Cullowhee area is (828) 227-XXXX if that helps
anyone.

Vonage has been no help. They don't cover Asheville and though they
have three other locations in the 828 area code, I can't get them to
give me enough information to determine if one of those locations is
local to Cullowhee. They denied they covered three locations and
would only give me one voicemail access number in the 828 area.

Hasn't someone set up a search site yet where you can enter an area
code and prefix to find out which companies offer local residential
VOIP numbers in that area? If so, can someone give me the URL to it?

Failing that, does anyone know an economical VOIP provider that can
help me with this?

Regards,

Fred

Go to Next message: usenet@outshine.com: "First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?"
Go to Previous message: Telecom dailyLead From USTA: "Qwest Ends Pursuit of MCI"
May be reply: John R. Levine: "Re: VOIP Provider Search"
May be reply: Fred Atkinson: "Re: VOIP Provider Search"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page