TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Forward Fax to Email

Re: Forward Fax to Email

Koos van den Hout (
23 May 2005 14:16:55 GMT

Jeremy <> wrote:

> I currently have a fax number that is widely used by my clients.
> Problem is that I get a ton of fax "spam" if you will. I am looking
> for the BEST solution to have these faxes forwarded to e-mail, while
> keeping my existing fax number since that is the one everyone knows
> and uses.

What I use on my fax number (the number is in my signature even) is a
server running linux with the mgetty-sendfax software on a now
somewhat aged PC.

That software simply works for normal dialup access and for receiving
faxes. On receiving a fax it sends the fax as an e-mail with attached
images in something most modern software will understand.

If anything unix-like is not your thing, there is probably software for
windows that does the same.

Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 -?)
Fax +31-30-2817051 Camp Wireless, wireless Internet access /\\ at campsites _\_V

Go to Next message: "Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use?"
Go to Previous message: mc: "Re: Why Does it Take So Long?"
May be in reply to: Jeremy: "Forward Fax to Email"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page