TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Travelling From USA to Brazil: Need Cell Phone

Travelling From USA to Brazil: Need Cell Phone

Frugal Sam (frugalsam@hotmail.com)
Wed, 18 May 2005 03:11:38 -0500

Hello,

I have a Nokia CDMA phone that I currently use with Verizon in USA.

I will be visiting Brazil in the next couple of weeks, and then
Thailand in September and would like to have the use of a cell phone
while I am in those countries.

My understanding is that I need to get hold of an 'unlocked' quad band
cell phone and then, when I am in those countries, buy a SIM card from
a local provider.

Is this correct?

If it is, how can I get hold of an unlocked quad band cell phone?

Thanks.

Go to Next message: Steven J. Hathaway: "Re: Very Early Modems"
Go to Previous message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Time Warner Chief Hints at AOL Spinoff"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: Travelling From USA to Brazil: Need Cell Phone"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page