TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Vonage Number Transfer

Vonage Number Transfer

Nate (nnord@maxitd.com)
17 May 2005 17:38:36 -0700

Well ... it's been 2 1/2 months now waiting on my phone number to
transfer to Vonage. I'm not sure who's holding up the transfer but
this is ridiculous. Vonage claims it's not their fault (probably
isn't) but my question is, who do I complain to? My current carrier
(MCI) doesn't want to hear about it and, again, Vonage claims it's not
their fault.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well again, like the other day, in this
case MCI is _probably not_ the underlying carrier, but probably just
a UNI-P operation. Like the guy using AT&T for 'local service' the
other day, more than likely MCI in this instance is at the mercy of
whomever the 'real' carrier of record in your area is. Southwestern
Bell perhaps? When Vonage put in the transfer request to MCI, then
MCI in turn had to tell the 'actual carrier' about it. What does
Vonage say other than 'not our fault'? Can you get them to audit or
trace the transaction for you? You also said 'MCI does not want to
hear about it'. Can you be more specific? Does your number actually
_belong_ to you? Do you have that part of it under control? Please
give us a few more details. PAT]

Go to Next message: Chris Kantarjiev: "Re: Very Early Modems"
Go to Previous message: Jack Decker: "FCC Set to Require 911 Dialing For Internet Phones"
May be reply: Nate: "Re: Vonage Number Transfer"
May be reply: Nate: "Re: Vonage Number Transfer"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page