TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out

Re: Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out

Dave Garland (dave.garland@wizinfo.com)
Sun, 15 May 2005 16:54:29 -0500

It was a dark and stormy night when PAT wrote:

> Am I correct in my assumption that most stationary computers with
> broadband stay in the same place.

Probably, mostly, but maybe not forever. Don't forget wireless.

> and they are almost always on the same IP address as well?

That very much depends on the ISP. Mine (DSL) does, but a client's
(DSL through a different ISP) changes IP every few days. Many cable
systems change IP number periodically. Sometimes getting a fixed IP
is an extra-cost option. But you can't count on it as a default.

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out"