TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T - Cingular - Alltel; They Broke MY Contract!

Re: AT&T - Cingular - Alltel; They Broke MY Contract!

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Fri, 13 May 2005 14:50:04 -0700

Steve wrote:

> I am apparently one of those "unlucky few" who got switched from AT&T
> to Alltel (via Cingular). Though I wasn't very happy with AT&T to
> begin with, I was happy to find that Cingular bought them out, given
> Cingular's rollover, roaming, and other options.

> Unfortunately, I then discovered that I was nothing more than an asset
> that was being sold to Alltel. All-WHO?!

Alltel, the fifth or sixth largest carrier in the country. You
probably aren't aware of them because they primarily serve smaller
cities.

> All I want to know is if anyone has successfully used this MESS as an
> excuse to terminate service w/o a fine. As far as I'm concerned, my
> contract was with AT&T, NOT Alltel (or even Cingular for that matter).

What is Alltel doing that is so horrible that you want to cancel, or
are you just ranting because you're not a Cingular customer?

> I was not warned about Alltel and (like most people), believed all the
> hoopla that I was now a Cingular customer, with all the associated
> benefits. This thing smells like class-action lawsuit to me!!!

Please.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I think what you will find is the
> contract you signed at some point or another expressly gives _them_
> the right to assign your contract. It did not give _you_ any rights
> like that however; just AT&T. PAT]

Yes, the cell phone contracts generally allow companies to assign
contracts to third parties. Read your original contract.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: {{{{{Welcome}}}}}: "Re: GSM Roaming"
Go to Previous message: Mark Peters: "Re: Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out"
May be in reply to: Steve: "AT&T - Cingular - Alltel; They Broke MY Contract!"