TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 1A2 Help Requested

Re: 1A2 Help Requested

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Tue, 10 May 2005 22:05:19 -0400

kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net says:

> In article <telecom24.204.9@telecom-digest.org>, Tim@Backhome.org
> says:

>> TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to the original query:

>>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I can tell this much; no one,but no
>>> one tampers with or tries to rewire the inside of a 1A2 phone. The
>>> wiring is just too complex. All the rewiring is done in the box on
>>> the wall where there is room to move your arms and fingers, _not_
>>> in the phone itself. PAT]

>> No doubt. No one ever changed the wiring within a 1A2 or 10A2 set, with
>> the expection of installing a buzzer for intercom. But, that wasn't
>> really rewiring; rather loosing a couple of screws to overlap
>> u-connectors.

>> And, no one in the field re-wired a 1A2/10A2 KSU, other than to
>> restrap the tie down wiring to change features, etc.

>> Ain't computers great?!

>> TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I really do not think anything much can
>> be done inside those phones without a lot of grief that cannot be done
>> better and quicker at the punchdown block on the wall. I've done
>> 'stuff' inside those phones but mainly things like remove or
>> re-arrange the ball-bearings under the push buttons so I could get two
>> or more buttons to stay down at one time. And once I converted a five-
>> line six-button phone with a hold button into a three line phone with
>> three associated hold buttons by using two of the line strips for each
>> line, so that three buttons merely put a short on each of the
>> associated three lines, and re-arranging the ball-bearings as
>> needed. This was circa 1975. It was not a fun project. That was the
>> day I vowed never to take one of those 1A2 phones apart again. PAT]

> At least you could modify a 2565 or 565 type set. Modifying a 7406, 8410
> or 6408 is almost completely out of the question.

> I note the OP is a fan of modern phone system, as am I. But there is one
> tiny little problem.

> Our PRI between our two switches regularly goes down for anywhere from
> 30 seconds to 5 minutes. This seems to occur most between 8:30AM and
> 9:00AM and then again between 2:00PM and 2:30PM. Verizon claims they
> can't figure it out.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: In that case, next month when it is
> time to pay the bill is tell Verizon "I can't figure out where I left
> my purse and money." PAT]

Well, it is a state agency I work for and it would be relatively easy
to sic PUC after Verizon. I just might do that.

In article <telecom24.207.6@telecom-digest.org>, kludge@panix.com
says:

> Tony P. <kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net> wrote:

>> Our PRI between our two switches regularly goes down for anywhere from
>> 30 seconds to 5 minutes. This seems to occur most between 8:30AM and
>> 9:00AM and then again between 2:00PM and 2:30PM. Verizon claims they
>> can't figure it out.

> Clock slip?

That's my gut feeling on it. I've tried explaining that to Verizon but
it just falls on deaf ears.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And their request for payment should
likewise fall on deaf ears for a few months. And when you get tired of
playing that game after a few months, _then_ sic the government on
them as you indicated above. PAT]

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "America OnLine to Unveil Free Email Service"
Go to Previous message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Actor Morgan Freeman Wins Cybersquatting Case"
May be in reply to: Matt: "1A2 Help Requested"