TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: STP Vendors

Re: STP Vendors

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Tue, 10 May 2005 20:53:48 GMT

On Tue, 10 May 2005 05:41:30 -0700, tnerber wrote:

> Hello,

> I am trying to find a list of STP Vendors. The only one I am familier
> with is Tekelec but there must be many others. Any suggestions would
> be helpful.

Nortel and Lucent made them at one time. I don't know if they still
do. DSC was a major player before they were acquired by Alcatel. I
don't know if they still are. Don't expect much from the major
European vendors; they use F links there.

Does anyone know why the US went with STPs instead of F links? Last I
knew, the Europeans thought it was because of a lack of processing
power in the 1AESS, but the Americans mostly thought the reason Europe
didn't was the hop by hop setup used there. Neither answer is very
satisfactory.

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Firefox Has Hassles Just Like Internet Explorer"
Go to Previous message: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: STP Vendors"
May be in reply to: tnerber@gmail.com: "STP Vendors"