TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Here's how Vonage-Verizon E-911 Will Work

Re: Here's how Vonage-Verizon E-911 Will Work

DevilsPGD (spamsucks@crazyhat.net)
Thu, 05 May 2005 21:32:36 -0600

In message <telecom24.198.14@telecom-digest.org> Justin Time
<a_user2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> While the process documented mirrors the process for traditional
> landline phones, it doesn't address what happens when the VoIP user
> takes their phone someplace else and then calls 9-1-1. Which center
> is called? The one for their home of record or the one serving the
> hotel/motel/grandma's house?

The one of record, of course.

However, if they can get a quick and easy way to update your address
(preferably with scheduled changes in advance -- So that I can enter
my travel itinerary in advance), it should smooth the whole "VoIP
adapter isn't at home today" problem.

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Here's how Vonage-Verizon E-911 Will Work"
Go to Previous message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Here's how Vonage-Verizon E-911 Will Work"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Here's how Vonage-Verizon E-911 Will Work"