TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Forward Fax to Email

Re: Forward Fax to Email

Carl Navarro (cnavarro@wcnet.org)
Thu, 05 May 2005 03:23:03 -0400

On 4 May 2005 10:48:30 -0700, Jeremy <payday215@aol.com> wrote:

> I currently have a fax number that is widely used by my clients.
> Problem is that I get a ton of fax "spam" if you will. I am looking
> for the BEST solution to have these faxes forwarded to e-mail, while
> keeping my existing fax number since that is the one everyone knows
> and uses.

> I am somewhat familiar with e-fax, but they can not re-use my existing
> number, plus you have to pay for outgoing faxes. I have seen where I
> can have a forward feature put on my fax line that would forward to an
> e-fax number, and I would still be able to use my fax machine for
> outgoing faxes (at least that is how I understand it).

> Because of the number of "spam" faxes I receive via fax, I have to
> replace my toner about every other week. As you can imagine this is a
> very high expense for me, so I thought if I could have them sent to
> e-mail then i could print the ones I want to keep and delete the
> trash.

> Does anyone have any better solutions than this. Someone mentioned a
> Microsoft Fax Software, but I did not have any luck finding anything
> out about it, so therefore I know nothing about it. Please let me
> know if there is a better alternative solution.

The E-fax product has an ongoing cost of $12.95 a month, even if you
can get a local number. Not very cost effective, since you still have
to maintain your fax number and pay for outbound faxes.

I use MaxEmail, which is a lot less, but my number is in suburban
Chicago.

A quick search of "fax software" on Google brings up
www.electrasoft.com where, for $60 you can get 3 or 4 fax programs
that will use your existing fax line and internet connection to send
and receive faxes. I'd put this on the fax line, and program the fax
maching to not answer calls until the 4th ring. Let the computer
answer the faxes and you can choose whether to send faxes via computer
or just walk to the fax machine.

You can try the software before you buy it.

Carl Navarro

Go to Next message: Dave Garland: "Re: Forward Fax to Email"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Connecticut's Suit Against Vonage is Less Than Baseless"
May be in reply to: Jeremy: "Forward Fax to Email"