TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: A Phone That Takes Dictation: Testing Voice-to-Text Function

Re: A Phone That Takes Dictation: Testing Voice-to-Text Function

Wesrock@aol.com
Sun, 1 May 2005 10:37:42 EDT

In a message dated 29 Apr 2005 07:21:57 -0700, hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
writes:

> Voice recognition technology still has a long way to go before it
> works. I don't like automated answering systems, but I much prefer
> working with Touch-Tone signals than voice commands which seem to be
> often misunderstood and less precise.

The Bank of America changed its customer account information audio
response system a few months ago to all voice recognition.

A week or two ago they changed it, "because we listened to you," they
changed it to where you can select either voice recognition or
Touch-Tone entry.

Like you, I dislike voice recognition systems and for the same reason.
(Most voice recognition systems can be used with Touch-Tone entry, but
you usually have to use trial-and-error to guess the corresponding
buttons to push.)

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "MCI Returns to Verizon"
Go to Previous message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Is There a Device to Block Selected Incoming Numbers"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "A Phone That Takes Dictation: Testing Voice-to-Text Function"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page