TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: SBC, Vonage Working on 911 Service Access Deal

Re: SBC, Vonage Working on 911 Service Access Deal

DevilsPGD (ihatespam@crazyhat.net)
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:37:05 -0600

In message <telecom24.182.10@telecom-digest.org> zcarenow@yahoo.com
wrote:

> All I know is that I got an email from Vonage telling me to activate
> the 911 by logging into their website and start the activation under
> the "Features" section of site. I assume that now I just need to dial
> 911 and it should work.

If that is all you know then you either haven't activated 911, or you
didn't bother to read the information provided when you activated 911
service (important things to know, like the difference between a PSAP
and a 911 call center)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Vonage generally sends a much more
detailed email when 911 is turned on for each user requesting it. Like
Devil'sPGD I would strongy suggest you look more closely into it. Or
go to the Vonage dashboard and try to turn it on again. If it is
already turned on it will indicate that. PAT]

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: SBC, Vonage Working on 911 Service Access Deal"
Go to Previous message: Paul Vader: "Re: Verizon/MCI"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "SBC, Vonage Working on 911 Service Access Deal"