TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Last Laugh! One Way to Get 911's Attention

Last Laugh! One Way to Get 911's Attention

Patrick Townson (ptownson@cableone.net)
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:13:59 -0500

The Correct Way To Call The Police

George Phillips of New York City was going up to bed when his wife
told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed which she
could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go
turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing
things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he
said no. The dispatcher then switched him into a recorded message
saying that that all patrol officers were busy, and that he should
simply leave a message for them, then lock his door and an officer
would be along to take a report when available.

George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police
again.

"Hello I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people
in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've
just shot them all dead". Then he muttered "that will teach them to
come on my property ... " as he hung up the telephone.

Within five minutes five police cars, an Armed Response unit, a SWAT
team and two ambulances showed up at the Phillips residence. Of
course, the police caught the burglars red handed.

One of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd
shot them!"

George said, "I thought your recorded message said there was nobody
available to help me right now!"

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Peer-To-Peer Users Share More Than Stolen Songs"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: SBC, Vonage Working on 911 Service Access Deal"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Last Laugh! One Way to Get 911's Attention"
May be reply: Mark Atwood: "Re: Last Laugh! One Way to Get 911's Attention"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Last Laugh! One Way to Get 911's Attention"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page