TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: SBC, Vonage Working on 911 Service Access Deal

Re: SBC, Vonage Working on 911 Service Access Deal

Tim@Backhome.org
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 03:06:19 -0700

E-911 has one really invaluable feature known as called party trunk
and line sezure. No matter how briefly you're off-hook, once you dial
911 you cannot release the connection. Only the call center can
release the connection.

I wonder if that is even technically possible via VoIP assuming
unrestrained cooperation of the LEC that holds the marbles, so to
speak?