TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: CNID Printouts on Cell Bills, was: SprintPCS Lousy Web

Re: CNID Printouts on Cell Bills, was: SprintPCS Lousy Web

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:32:28 -0700

Justin Time wrote:

> Interesting point. But couldn't the cellular companies come back
> stating they had delivered the CID when the phone rang? That you
> didn't record the information isn't their concern.

Sure, they COULD. I'd tell 'em they're full of crap, but they could. :)

> But again, if you use the argument that your cell phone is like an 800
> number that is entitled to billing information, then the same argument
> could be made for your POTS line as well. You are paying to receive
> the service.

You're almost right.

But I don't get billed per-minute for incoming calls on POTS. My
monthly bill does not increase each time I receive another call. It
does on an 800 number, and it uses minutes on a cell phone, which
costs me money if I go over my monthly allotment.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: Mark Crispin: "Re: Getting Serious About the War on Spam"
Go to Previous message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: AOL to Block Identity Theft Sites"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page