TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Can I Substitute a NiMH Battery for NiCd in a Cordless Phone?

Re: Can I Substitute a NiMH Battery for NiCd in a Cordless Phone?

mc (mc_no_spam@uga.edu)
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:00:58 -0400

The "memory effect" is not what it's claimed to be, but you can
certainly substitute an NiMH battery for NiCd. Match the voltage.
The mAH will be greater, so allow proportionately more time for a full
charge.

I have done many NiMH for NiCd substitutions. Electrically, an NiMH
is simply an NiCd with more capacity.

Go to Next message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Can I Substitute a NiMH Battery for NiCd in a Cordless Phone?"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse"
May be in reply to: curious@nospam.com: "Can I Substitute a NiMH Battery for NiCd in a Cordless Phone?"