TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse

Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:44:02 -0400

colin@sutton.wow.aust.com says:

> The Sydney Morning Herald reports on a challenge between 93 year old
> telegraph operator transmitting morse code to an 82 year old with a
> manual typewriter, and youngsters sending a text message. The text
> message was received 18 seconds after the message was already on
> paper.

> http://smh.com.au/articles/2005/04/14/1113251739401.html

They've obviously not heard of T9 mode in text messaging. The biggest
issue I have with texting is that the keypad is too damned small.

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Why Must a Cordless Phone be Away From Electronic Devices?"
May be in reply to: Colin: "Texting is Slower Than Morse"