TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Getting Serious About the War on Spam

Re: Getting Serious About the War on Spam

John Schmerold (john@katy.com)
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:54:34 -0500

No one likes spam, however, there are great solutions they are all
available without cost due to the opensource movement. Looking at my
own statistics, since 4/1, I've received 5,607 emails, of which 1,177
were forwarded to my inbox, of these 169 were SPAM. All of the 169
could have been eliminated if I chose to use TDMA which whitelists
good senders.

So, long story short, quit belly aching and do something about your
spam problem.

John Schmerold

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But I cannot run a white list here
unless I want to turn this Digest/newsgroup into a very exclusive
place for _me and my friends_ . I like to get _legitimate_ mail from
legitimate users. I do not like the idea of excluding new users just
because they have not met some arbitrary standard on the messages I
will accept. PAT]

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Cell Phone Wearing Out?"
Go to Previous message: shlichter1@aol.com: "Re: Spam Hits Us Hard Today - Message Losses"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Getting Serious About the War on Spam"