TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse

Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse

Pete Romfh (promfhTAKE@OUThal-pc.org.invalid)
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:17:10 -0500

Colin wrote:

> The Sydney Morning Herald reports on a challenge between
> 93 year old telegraph operator transmitting morse code to
> an 82 year old with a manual typewriter, and youngsters
> sending a text message. The text message was received 18
> seconds after the message was already on paper.

> http://smh.com.au/articles/2005/04/14/1113251739401.html

> Regards,

> Colin Sutton

And telegraph operators can spell also. No silly abbreviations. I'm
forwarding this (by email not morse code) to all the young
whippersnappers around the office.

They probably say I'm a crochety old fart.
And they're exactly correct. =;)

Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

Go to Next message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Texting is Slower Than Morse"
Go to Previous message: Dave Garland: "Mitigating Identity Theft"
May be in reply to: Colin: "Texting is Slower Than Morse"