TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Telemarketing to Cellphones

Re: Telemarketing to Cellphones

David B. Horvath, CCP (dhorvath@withheld_on_request)
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:22:35 -0400

PAT -- please remove my email address to keep SPAM down...

This is an urban legend -- you can confirm that by checking
www.snopes.com for more information. Your cell number is not going to
be "released" to the telescum.

I do recommend (have done so myself) that you include your cell number
in any do-not-call list entries maintained by the FTC.

- David

On Date: 7 Apr 2005 10:32:32 -0700, HarryHydro <harryhydro@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing
> companies and you will start to receive sale calls. You will be
> charged for these calls.

> Call this number from your cell phone 888-382-1222.

> It is the national DO NOT CALL list. It only takes a minute of your
> time. It blocks your number for 5 years. Please pass this on to
> everyone you know who doesn't want to be hassled.

> Or you can go to donotcall.gov and do it on-line.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, I did this way back when the
'Do Not Call' list was first getting started. In addition to my
personal line, my distinctive ring-ring line, and my VOIP number,
I also added my cellular phone number; my VOIP and cell numbers were
never questioned. PAT]

Go to Next message: Paul Vader: "Re: Telemarketing to Cellphones"
Go to Previous message: David Chessler: "Philly Reveals Wireless Plan"
May be in reply to: HarryHydro: "Telemarketing to Cellphones"