TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Wired: Word From on High: Jam Cell Calls

Re: Wired: Word From on High: Jam Cell Calls

jtaylor (jtaylor@deletethis.hfx.andara.com)
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:21:29 -0300

John McHarry <jmcharry@comcast.net> wrote in message

> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:45:51 -0700, Lisa Minter wrote:

>> Word From on High: Jam Cell Calls

>> Four churches in Mexico have unobtrusively installed Israeli-made
>> cell-phone jammers to thwart those who don't seem to understand they
>> should turn the things off during services or weddings. They're not
>> the only ones to install the jammers.

> This is kind of old news. Jammers are illegal in the US, but if I were
> building or extensively remodeling a theatre, church, etc., I would
> make it into a Faraday cage. Done right, it is also good insulation.

And so we have a situation where it is not the act that is illegal,
but the method.

Would those who so quickly hope for a lawsuit to arise from a jammer
interfering with an emergency wireless telephone call also claim that
a building so constructed would similarly be grounds for action?

Go to Next message: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: Wired: Word From on High: Jam Cell Calls"
Go to Previous message: Koos van den Hout: "Re: Can Somebody Please Explain CSD to Me?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page