TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Wired: Word From on High: Jam Cell Calls

Re: Wired: Word From on High: Jam Cell Calls

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Wed, 06 Apr 2005 01:45:57 GMT

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:45:51 -0700, Lisa Minter wrote:

> Word From on High: Jam Cell Calls

> Four churches in Mexico have unobtrusively installed Israeli-made
> cell-phone jammers to thwart those who don't seem to understand they
> should turn the things off during services or weddings. They're not
> the only ones to install the jammers.

This is kind of old news. Jammers are illegal in the US, but if I were
building or extensively remodeling a theatre, church, etc., I would
make it into a Faraday cage. Done right, it is also good insulation.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: The Real Reason Why SBC Won't Work With Vonage on E-911"
Go to Previous message: Jack Decker: "Cable Execs Say They're Not Blocking Outside VoIP"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page