TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Every Ten Days

Re: Every Ten Days

Hank Karl (notgiven@nothere.com)
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:00:37 -0400

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:08:04 -0500, Choreboy
<choreboyREMOVE@localnet.com> wrote:

> I hesitate to call the toll-free number, but I don't want to keep
> running to answer the phone for a company that intends to hang up on
> me. What should I do?

Report them to the FCC. The TSR (which includes the national "do not
call" list) requires Telemarketers to have a low call abandonment
rate, and to play a message stating who called if no agent is
available. They also must allow the phone to ring for either (IIRC)
four rings or fifteen seconds.

> Choreboy

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That telephone number 1-877-467-3277
> belongs to 'Sears Home Improvement Products'. PAT]

Go to Next message: Paul Vader: "Re: Does Your Computer Look Like This?"
Go to Previous message: Justin Time: "Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"
May be in reply to: Choreboy: "Every Ten Days"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page