TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Obituary: Schiavo Dies After Feeding Tube Removed

Re: Obituary: Schiavo Dies After Feeding Tube Removed

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:05:45 -0800

On 31 Mar 2005 11:54:41 -0800, Lisa Minter <lisa_minter2001@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> By MIKE SCHNEIDER, Associated Press Writer

> PINELLAS PARK, Fla. - Terri Schiavo, the severely brain-damaged woman
> who spent 15 years connected to a feeding tube in an epic legal and
> medical battle that went all the way to the White House and Congress,
> died Thursday, 13 days after the tube was removed. She was 41.

This topic has occupied the national media now for more than 15 years.
What it has to do with telecom is beyond my comprehension. Why we
have to see yet another re-hashing of this non-topical business here
mystifies me. Yes, her circumstance is tragic. No, it doesn't belong
here. It's been all over the national news. We don't need it here.
I'm really starting to wonder what the editor of this digest/news
group's rationale for putting this stuff here. More and more stuff is
ending up in this space and it has absolutely nothing to do with
telecom and why is it here?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You should see the Terri Shiavo crapola
which shows up in my mailbox in a day's -- no, several hours' -- time
I _do not_ print here. As Monty Solomon points out a couple messages
from now in this issue, her father sold the rights to the mailing
list of people who had been moved enough in recent days to write him
or his wife. So, even if all you did was take a few seconds to send
them a note saying "I am sorry about your grief", your name and _email
address_ has now been sold -- at a pretty penny I might add -- to
spammers who wanted that list so _they_ could milk it also for all
their cracked-pot causes, etc. Just read the message elsewhere in this
issue; don't take my word for it. PAT]

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Obituary: Schiavo Dies After Feeding Tube Removed"
Go to Previous message: Dave Close: "Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Obituary: Schiavo Dies After Feeding Tube Removed"