TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Does Your Computer Look Like This?

Re: Does Your Computer Look Like This?

Michael D. Sullivan (userid@camsul.example.invalid)
Sat, 02 Apr 2005 05:14:40 GMT

Patrick Townson wrote:

> In 1954, the well-known Popular Electronics Magazine in connection
> with the Rand Corporation put together an artist's conception of what
> computers would look like in fifty years, in 2004. Look at it here.

> http://www.mountainwings.com/past/5082.htm

> This is _not_ an April Fool's joke.

No, it's not an April Fool's joke. It's a hoax. The photo at issue
came from a Photoshopping competition on fark.com. Debunked at:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/computer.asp

--

Michael D. Sullivan Bethesda, MD (USA) (Replace "example.invalid" with "com" in my address.)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Shucks, gee-whiz; I can't get anything past you guys, can I? Oh well, Patrick, nice try, but no cigar. PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Obituary: Schiavo Dies After Feeding Tube Removed"
Go to Previous message: G. Paul Ziemba: "Re: Does Your Computer Look Like This?"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Does Your Computer Look Like This?"