TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Technology Brings Back Old Problem For 911

Re: New Technology Brings Back Old Problem For 911

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:47:07 -0500

Jack Decker wrote:

> "What we want to make people aware of is they are not able to access
> 911 like you can on a traditional phone," said Mackinac County 911
> Coordinator Pam Matelski. "The dispatch center will not get your
> information."

<tongue in cheek mode>

Given the amount of airtime this issue has been given, anyone who is NOT
aware of the VOIP vs. 911 issue should be left to die when calling 911,
thus weeding their stupidity out of the gene pool and hopefully
improving humanity.

<\tounge in chee mode>

Seriously. Ths issue has been beaten to death in the media.

Go to Next message: T. Sean Weintz: "Re: Fax Station ID"
Go to Previous message: T. Sean Weintz: "Re: Classic Telephone Call on PC"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "New Technology Brings Back Old Problem For 911"