TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Dealing with Vonage

Dealing with Vonage

David B. Horvath, CCP (dhorvath@withheld)
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:05:29 -0500

PAT - please remove my email address -- too much SPAM.

I signed up with Vonage a while ago (taking advantage of PAT's offer).
I decided that I wasn't using it enough (plenty of minutes with free
LD on my cell) and tried to cancel.

I called on 3/18, sat on call for at least half an hour, got
transferred to regular customer service who could not take the
cancelation order. I was given a tracking ticket and a promise that
I'd get a call back in a day or two. At the same time I also
requested cancellation using their web page.

I finally called again on 3/24, sat on hold for a while and finally
was connected to the "retention department". It took about 5 minutes
(mostly on hold) to handle the actual cancellation. The clerk was very
helpful. When I mentioned my 3/18 call, she told me that they had
over 3,000 tickets in queue waiting for calls back and that it was "a
staffing issue" (they need more people).

- David

David B. Horvath, CCP
Consultant, Author, International Lecturer, Adjunct Professor
Member: ICCP Educational Foundation Board and ICCP Test Council; Chair of
LPR&GC CMP

Go to Next message: BobGoudreau@withheld: "Re: Our Telephonic Primacy"
Go to Previous message: Danny Burstein: "FCC: W Don't Need no Steenkin Line Sharing"
May be reply: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Dealing with Vonage"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page