TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Verizon FiOS Blocking Ports?

Verizon FiOS Blocking Ports?

andyrankin@gmail.com
26 Mar 2005 08:08:12 -0800

I'm very lucky to be in an area where Verizon's FiOS fiber to the
premises service is available. I have the 15/2 Mbps service and it
works great.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if Verizon blocks are inbound ports (80,
etc.)?

Also, I'm using the Verizon provided DLink DI-604 router. I'm not
having any luck getting the router to forward WAN traffic through to
specific machines on the LAN. For example, I've tried passing traffic
on port 8080 to a linux box running Apache on that port and I think I
have the router configured properly but it doesn't seem to be letting
the traffic through. I'm a bit of a novice so I'm not sure how to
determine if this is something Verizon's blocking before it gets to my
router or if I just haven't figured the router out yet.

Go to Next message: Danny Burstein: "FCC: W Don't Need no Steenkin Line Sharing"
Go to Previous message: Smokey: "VOIP or PBX?"
May be reply: pvwebb: "Re: Verizon FiOS Blocking Ports?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page