TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing

Re: Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing

Ben Schilling (Ben.Schilling@oci.state.wi.us)
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:01:39 -0600

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> We have some feral cats in the neighborhood I want to adopt and have
> tried over the years to lure them with food and kindness. They always
> kept their distance (although they would eagerly take the food if I
> stayed far away). I described their behavior to my vet and he said
> they were feral and that they could not be domesticated. One has been
> around for seven years, which isn't bad for feral.

You might see if your area has a "Friends of Ferals" or similar
organization. They catch, spay, neuter, vaccinate, and release feral cats.
This keeps the population down and prevents them from spreading diseases to
pets.

Ben Schilling

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Website Rouses Informants' Fear, Investigators' Ire"
Go to Previous message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Feds: Criminals Luuuuv Those Open 802.11 Networks"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page