TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: 3 Verizon Phones - Throw Away or What?

3 Verizon Phones - Throw Away or What?

Paintblot (sssssssssssff@ef.com)
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:04:03 -0800

I'm permanently leaving the USA in a few weeks. I have a Verizon
account with 3 telephones, 2 of which are almost new. These phones
have 2 year contracts. When we leave, what should I do? I cannot take
them back to Verizon, because all they'll want is the big dollar
contract buyout, which I won't pay (let them attack my credit, who
cares, I'm not coming back here). Sell the phones? Aren't they banned
from continuing to work on the Verizon network, and locked into the
Verizon network? Just destroy them and throw them away?

Any advice appreciated!

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: My personal advice, for whatever it is
worth, is sell them for a few dollars each and get what you can out of
them. If you know anyone you can generally trust, sell them a phone
(for ten or twenty dollars?) with the understanding that _they_ can
continue to pay the bill for the remainder of the contract (or until
they get tired of paying the bill and/or the phone gets turned off,
whichever comes first. PAT]

Go to Next message: Marcus Didius Falco: "British Firm Breaks Ground in Surveillance Science"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Know Your Enemy: Tracking Botnets"
May be reply: Justin Time: "Re: 3 Verizon Phones - Throw Away or What?"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: 3 Verizon Phones - Throw Away or What?"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: 3 Verizon Phones - Throw Away or What?"
May be reply: Mark Crispin: "Re: 3 Verizon Phones - Throw Away or What?"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: 3 Verizon Phones - Throw Away or What?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page