TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone Radiation Dangers

Re: Cell Phone Radiation Dangers

Dean (cjmebox-telecomdigest@yahoo.com)
10 Mar 2005 22:08:55 -0800

Isaiah Beard wrote:

> Dean wrote:

>> A while back some on this list engaged in a lively debate about cell
>> phone radiation risks. This article may have some information of
>> interest to those of you who think this issue isn't dead yet.

>> The cell phone industry: Big Tobacco 2.0?

>> By Molly Wood, senior editor, CNET.com
>> Tuesday, March 8, 2005

> Oh, C|Net. Now we KNOW it's quality journalism. </sarcasm>

> Consider that Ms. Wood readily admits she has an agenda (she has an
> axe to grind with cell phone manufacturers over what she perceives as
> "iron-clad control over phone releases and pricing, its
> ever-lengthening contracts, and the annoying habit it has of crippling
> Bluetooth phones so that [she] can't use them the way [she wants]
> to"). I would thus take this with a heavy handful of salt.

> E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
> Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.

OK OK, I'm not saying there's anything absolutely definitive in that
article. But it seems certainly prudent to use a headset and try to
keep the antenna at a certain distance -- just as she suggests toward
the end of the article. (although I think I read somewhere that the
cord of the headset can have some adverse effect too - one can only
take so many precautions and still be reasonable:-)

Regards,

Dean

PS As for Ms Wood's honesty, I am certainly not qualified to offer an
opinion (haven't read her enough). But the evidence you mention is
hardly enough to dismiss her as biased. If I had to guess, I would say
that her grievances are shared by the vast majority of people
interested in telecom, and I don't think too many of us want to see
phone manufacturers brought to their knees by unwarranted lawsuits.

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Vonage Outage Last Thursday"
Go to Previous message: sean: "Re: Technion"
May be in reply to: Dean: "Cell Phone Radiation Dangers"