TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack

Wiring Two Lines on One Jack

emb120skw@aol.com
10 Mar 2005 19:21:37 -0800

Hi,

I would like to wire one jack for two lines. Here is the setup of the
wires after opening the jack.

The red screw terminal has two blue and 1 orange wires connected to
it. The green screw terminal has 2 white/blue and 1 white/orange wire
connected to it. I'm just curious as to why there are 3 wires
connected per terminal.

The yellow an black screw terminals are not connected to any
wires. Now what should I do to be able to access a second line?

Thank you!

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Red/green is traditionally one pair;
and yellow/black is traditionally the second pair. You want to use
the unused yellow/black screw terminals for your second line. Can
you tell us more about the _type of phone instrument_ currently in
use on your (I presume) working single line? With no other knowledge
it is difficult to answer your question; was this/is this part of
a business phone arrangment? Does the pair which is 'wired' at
present go to a working instrument? PAT]

Go to Next message: Choreboy: "Technion"
Go to Previous message: Danny Burstein: "FCC to Cellcos: Clean up Your Bills and Invoices"
May be reply: LB@notmine.com: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
May be reply: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
May be reply: Carl Navarro: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
May be reply: Brad Houser: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
May be reply: John Beaman: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
May be reply: Marcus Didius Falco: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
May be reply: Paul Coxwell: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Wiring Two Lines on One Jack"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page