TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Phone Doesn't Disconnect

Phone Doesn't Disconnect

cyklone006@gmail.com
9 Mar 2005 17:30:50 -0800

Hello. I am having problems with people -- usually telemarketers
calling my home. When I hang up the phone, and wait a few seconds, and
then pick it up again, they are still on the line. How is this done?
Can I do something about it?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You need to wait a few more seconds.
Give it about a full minute to make sure the line disconnects, but
it usually should not take that long. And of course, make sure all
of your numbers -- landline, cellular and VOIP are listed on the
federal and (your) state 'do not call' lists as well. PAT]

Go to Next message: Carl Moore: "Shooting Victim Gets to Pay Phone"
Go to Previous message: Jack Decker: "Vonage Being Blocked -- Again"
May be reply: bham: "Re: Phone Doesn't Disconnect"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page