TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Harvard Applicants Breached Security / Applicants' Behavior

Re: Harvard Applicants Breached Security / Applicants' Behavior

jtaylor (jtaylor@deletethis.hfx.andara.com)
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:55:45 -0400

Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com> wrote in message

> Harvard rejects 119 accused of hacking
> Applicants' behavior 'unethical at best'

> By Robert Weisman, Globe Staff | March 8, 2005

> Harvard Business School will reject the 119 applicants who hacked into
> the school's admissions site last week, the school's dean, Kim
> B. Clark, said yesterday.

Now, as soon as this item became news, I wondered if they would do this.

Which brings up a possible scenario -- hire a hacker to find out the status
of <some large number of applicants> EXCEPT yourself ...

Go to Next message: Bob Goudreau: "Re: New Monopoly in Dept Stores; Federated and May to Merge"
Go to Previous message: Allen McIntosh: "Re: Dead Phone at New House, Short Circuits Say SBC!"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Harvard Applicants Breached Security / Applicants' Behavior"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page