TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Best Phone to Use For Radio Telephone Interviews?

Re: Best Phone to Use For Radio Telephone Interviews?

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:28:09 -0500

In article <telecom23.430.10@telecom-digest.org>, kludge@panix.com
says:

> JayKay <jkarevoll@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I get called fairly often by radio stations for commentary. My current
>> phone, AT&T 2-line 962, apparently doesn't cut it and I often find
>> myself calling the studios back from the fax phone (a little better)
>> or (after hooking it up) from a 25-year old rotary phone for call
>> clarity (even better).

>> But I'd like to get a new office phone that would be OK for these
>> talk/news people.

>> Any suggestions?

> As far as audio quality goes, I honestly have not used anything that
> sounds better than an old 500-set on the other end. Your next step up
> is probably a hybrid and dedicated mike.

A WE or AE touch tone set will give the best overall quality. They
still make knock offs of each but just get on ebay and pick one up.

I've got a bid in on a yellow 2500 set as I speak.

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Voip in Northern KY"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: DoJ: VoIP Providers Avoiding CALEA Mandate"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page