TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Outage Last Thursday, was: Vonage

Re: Vonage Outage Last Thursday, was: Vonage

Tim@Backhome.org
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 06:46:26 -0800

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> In article <telecom24.99.4@telecom-digest.org>, Danny Burstein

> Unfortunately, the actualy duration of the problem was several hours;
> Vonage is, quite simply, lying. And the problem recurred on two
> successive days.

No doubt about it. It caused major problems for me.

> If Vonage were a regulated entity -- which it's gone to great lengths
> to not be -- there would be significant penalties not just for this
> sort of service failure (note that Vonage hasn't exactly contacted its
> customers and offered to refund any of their money for the time that
> their phones were out of service) -- but also for lying about it.

What this proves is that Vonage is simply not a viable replacement for
wireline service. I've been a Vonage user from the beginning,
suffering through echos and quality issues for the first several
months.

I figured it was all worth it for the unlimited, inexpensive "out
WATS." But, now that SBC offers unlimited nation-wide toll for a
competitive price, it makes me think about using only my wireline
(which I never got rid of). The only advantage Vonage offers today
are virtual numbers.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Vonage"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Vonage's Citron Says VoIP Blocking Is 'Censorship'"
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "Vonage Outage Last Thursday, was: Vonage"