TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Buyouts of AT&T, MCI Sign of Long Distance's Demise

Re: Buyouts of AT&T, MCI Sign of Long Distance's Demise

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
4 Mar 2005 08:17:24 -0800

TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

> My question to Lisa and Dave, is WATS still offered by most telcos
> these days? The theory was that bulk purchase of long distance (WATS)
> got you a cheaper rate per call, when it wa purchased by the hour.
> How much cheaper can it get? I thought WATS was now obsolete.

I was using "WATS" as a generic term for discounted long distance
service purchased as a bulk product, not for a specific Bell offering.
I don't know how the specifics work today for large organizations.

My employer, with its thousands of employees, obviously pays more than
$50/month for business long distance service. The effective per
minute rate is pretty low. However, the point remains that there's
still a cost to it.

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Hookflash and Ground Start Analog CO Trunks From PABX"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: FCC Reaches Telco Settlement to Stop Blocking VOIP"
May be in reply to: Marcus Didius Falco: "Buyouts of AT&T, MCI Sign of Long Distance's Demise"